African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights, ACHPR
The human rights situation of indigenous peoples has, since 2000, been on the agenda of the African Commission. Indigenous representatives’ participation in the sessions, and the activities of the African Commission’s Working Group on Indigenous Populations / Communities play a crucial role in ensuring this vital dialogue.
In this section you can read about:
- About the ACHPR - mandate, composition, activities and special mechanisms
- ACHPR Working Group on Indigenous Populations/Communities - mandate, composition, country visits
- ACHPR Sessions - list of sessions, download reports, shadow reports, statements etc.
- Resolutions and official documents - download resolutions and official documents adopted by the ACHPR on indigenous issues
- Indigenous participation - read about observer status, NGO forums etc.
- IWGIA's involvement
- Read about major developments and activities of the ACHPR during 2010 and download the 2011 IWGIA yearbook article (pdf)